Wednesday, April 7, 2010

14 Windows in - 8 to go


All the windows on the driveway side of the house have been installed.


This is a photo of the lawn side of the house with all the window area removed; waiting for framing.


The front two bays have been framed and windows installed; only eight windows to go. Four on this side and four in the front.


The trench to the well is being dug now, a conduit will be installed and the area around the conduit will be filled with sand. This conduit that will hold the water pipe and electricity for the well pump will be going under the driveway and if in the future one of those needs to be replaced, the job will be much easier instead of having to tear up the driveway a new pipe will be pushed or pulled through the conduit.


You may have noticed that the fire escape has been removed from the side of the building. Here it sits on my lawn, a piece of modern art until I can figure out how to get rid of it.

2 comments:

  1. A huge endeavor but so worth it...everything looks great so far. Love watching the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By sheer coincidence, we passed by the Grange today on our way up to MA to the Creamery for lunch. I caught your "sculpture" and the new windows out of the corner of my eye.

    My husband was kind enough to turn the car around so I could go back and see if I saw what I thought I saw. There was crew working on the house on this rainy day. What a wonderful place--and location!

    ReplyDelete